First Week



Well. I don't think I could have asked for a better first week back in Oxford. It started with a splendid formal dinner with friends and tutors in LMH's beautiful hall, looked down upon by a sour-faced Lady Margaret Beaufort and watched over benevolently by portraits of such women as Dorothy Wordsworth and Lucy Sutherland. From there, I progressed to a job offer from one of my favourite bookshops before heading up to London to celebrate my 25th birthday with my housemate and one of my best friends from my masters.
Duck & Waffle, where I rang in 25 with food almost as good as the views



Oh, and I did I mention the view from brunch? (Yes, that is the Gherkin and the Tower of London on the right)

From there we headed to Shakespeare's Globe for a stunning production of Othello. 


And of course we couldn't resist sneaking in a little photoshoot along the Thames as well...



After these delights, it was time for a hasty pub dinner with my friend Sophie before rushing off to The Duke of York's Theatre to see Ian McKellen in King Lear (transcendent). Though not before giving my main man a farewell kiss...


Then it was back to Oxford for a meeting with my supervisor and matriculation (about which there will be more anon). 



Comments

Popular Posts